Thursday, April 16, 2009

10:48 AM Update - April 16th 2009

I just got off the phone with my Mom. She did end up having a collection of fluid and did have to have a procedure to remove it. A doctor and 2 assistants performed the procedure on her. Mom said it was just like a surgical procedure where they prepared the area with betadyne, treated the area locally with lidocaine and insterted a needle into the affected area to pump out the fluid. Mom asked how long the procedure would take and the Doctor said it wouldn't be long. Mom felt in her mind like it would be a 5 minute procedure...but the entire thing took 30 minutes. The Doctor for the procedure was VERY sweet and loving. Mom liked her very much.

They ended up removing 200cc's of fluid. I'll save you some details here as I don't like to get gory or gross in these posts. The Doctors felt like the fluid was from an infection inside of the body and they trust that the new antibiotic they've put her on will take care of business (remember the one that her copay was $66 on...just found out that's only for 10 pills! They'd better be good). They might have to do this procedure again, depending on how much fluid continues to be produced.

Mom feels sick and shaky after this. She was glad she took a pain pill before going in because she was certain she'd have to go through this. She hasn't had to take a pain pill in over 8 days (up until today) which is great news. She's going to come home and get some rest. She feels a bit traumatized to say the least and will experience soreness later this afternoon after the numbness wears off.

3 comments:

  1. Sh..oes
    I am wearing a pair of shoes.

    They are ugly shoes.

    Uncom..fortable shoes.

    I hate my shoes.

    Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair.

    Some days my shoes hurt so bad that
    I don’t think I can take another step.

    Yet, I continue to wear them.

    I get funny looks wearing these shoes.

    I can tell in others eyes that they’re glad they are my shoes
    and not theirs.

    They.. never talk about my shoes.

    To learn how awful my shoes are might make them
    uncomfortab..le.

    To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them.

    But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.

    I now realize that I’m not the only one who wears these shoes.

    There.. are many pairs in this world.

    Some women ache daily as they try and walk in them.

    Some have learned how to walk in them so they don’t
    hurt quite as much.

    Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt.

    No woman deserves to wear these shoes.

    Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.

    These.. shoes have given me the strength to face anything.

    Th..ey have made me who I am.

    I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman
    who has a child with cancer.

    ~Aut..hor Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like the poem Jeanie. Love Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeanie I am thinking of you and hope things get better really soon. I love the puppy. He is adorable. Take care.

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete