Friday, August 14, 2009

A really difficult drive home

Hello Everyone. We just got home at about 5pm. It was a really difficult drive home. I don't really even know how to convey the anguish my Mom is going through right now. She is terribly unhappy with the results of her surgery. She sobbed most of the way home. My Dad and I basically sat there silent the whole way home while she expressed all of her feelings. There was nothing we could even say. The implants don't project as much as she'd hoped for, and the doctor was very clear about not getting her hopes up, but we all really hoped he was just being modest about what he was able to do. In reality, he was just being completely truthful.

Mom is going to need some time to get through this. I know how hard this is going to be, but she wants some time to work her way through this sadness. She doesn't feel like she will be able to see anyone for quite some time. I know how much you all love her and some of you may even feel like communicating so many things to her personally... but for now, how 'bout we try something that will allow her to heal at her own pace. If you feel like doing so, how about sending a simple message to her (thelizardranch@yahoo.com, text or FaceBook) that simply says, "I love you." I think that says exactly what she needs to hear right now. As much as I tried offering consolation to her, she is having a hard time seeing any aspects of this in a positive light. I think a simple, "I love you" would express to her exactly that. She knows that we all love her for who she is, and that we're all here for her when she needs us. As these "I love you" messages come in, whether it's by email, text, FaceBook or blog comments - I will read her each and every one of them when it's a good time for her.

Thanks so much, everyone. I'm looking forward to a time when she finally feels like herself again and all this is behind her.

5 comments:

  1. Jeannie were so glad your home safe, we Love You.
    Roy & Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Jeannie. You are the best.
    Love,Larin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, Just to let you know we love you and are thinking of you.
    Love, Jerry & Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. In tears for your anquish-sending you love and prayers, Debbie T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean Ann....I love you my sweet cuz. April

    ReplyDelete