Monday, July 27, 2009

Jeanie's latest blog....... 7-27-09

Hellooooo...
I was suppose to write you all a little somethin' last visit to my surgeon,..and got busy, i guess. Sorry.
This is to update ... ( :
I had a appointment with my sweet dr. , DR. LAURA KRUPER, a few weeks ago and she, at the time, said everything looks really good. I explained the issue i had with walking correctly with the same posture that i had before surgery,..and she suggested that i go attend sessions with a physical therapy team. She wrote me a prescription. I have yet to find the number of the group in Santa Paula,..but i will. Most likely..it will be after this next surgery.
Also,..i explained how difficult it is to endure the I.V. in my left hand....i explained that i believe it is one part of these surgeries that tend to be the most painful for me.
She was soooo sweet and really caring. She wrote me a prescription for a topical cream used by cancer patients who have to have a 'port'...and this eleminates a lot of the pain for them. She also told me how and when to apply it. How generous is that ? Very helpful....now i am not sooo anxious about the I.V.
And the latest,..is that i have a skin issue again. Same location and side as last time. (when i had emergency surgery) It is better though.
I started on an antibiotic....and then had to take a trip to 'THE CITY OF HOPE' last Friday..and Dr. Tan added 10 more pills and he did not postpone the surgery that is to be on AUG. 14TH.
This next surgery will be for the implants exchange. I am looking forward to having the 'expanders' removed. They have been very uncomfortable. I am hoping for a successful operation with no complications,..as you can imagine ! ( :
As far as i understand..i will get to come home after i am out of 'recovery.'
I know you will 'cover' me , by keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I sure love you all and appreciate how you are sooo loving and caring towards me, and my family.
On tues., i will go down to 'THE CITY OF HOPE' for 4 different pre-surgery appointments. And then,..i will be having the surgery on a Friday....Aug. 14th.
Thanks once again for all that you do!
with Love...
jeanie

No comments:

Post a Comment